NTL CONSUMER MEDIA RELEASE ANNOUNCED: THURSAY, OCTOBER 13, 2022
Healthy Bones Australia is celebrating its 21st anniversary of pioneering bone health in Australia and is today (October 13) announcing its strategic partnership with a local company to develop a breakthrough diagnostic fracture prediction tool.
Since its inception, Healthy Bones Australia has been championing community and health professional awareness and understanding of the importance of identifying, diagnosing and treating osteoporosis.
Healthy Bones Australia Chairman, Professor Peter Ebeling AO, said “Over the past 21 years, Healthy Bones Australia has advanced the importance of protecting our Australian population’s bones. During this time, we’ve witnessed substantial change in the healthcare system’s focus on the detection and treatment of osteoporosis, and community and government understanding of the importance of maintaining healthy bones.”
Prof Ebeling added, “As recently as 20 years ago, bone health was a largely overlooked, and untreated area. It is now recognised as an important chronic disease, and a health priority area for Australia,”
Prof Ebeling stressed there is important work ahead with the next 5 years bringing a focus to –
- establish a Fracture Liaison Service (FLS)in every capital city of Australia
- deliver comprehensive and updated guidelines for GPs, who work at the frontline of osteoporosis management;
- drive half a million Australians aged 50+ to undertake our Know Your Bones online self-assessment (currently sitting at almost 100,000 assessments);
- advocate for broader patient access to osteoporosis diagnosis and treatment; and
- support new and innovative osteoporosis diagnostic opportunities… SEE MORE.